Child abuse and neglect : the school's response / Connie Burrows Horton, Tracy K. Cruise.
"Abuse and neglect affect thousands of children every year, with potentially devastating consequences for victims, their families, and society as a whole. As the primary adults with whom children come into contact outside the home, school professionals have a unique opportunity - and responsibi...
New York :
|Series:||Guilford school practitioner series.
- ch. 1. Overview of child maltreatment
- ch. 2. Identifying abuse and neglect
- ch. 3. Reporting suspected child maltreatment
- ch. 4. Treatment referrals / with Amy Genrich
- ch. 5. School-based mental health services for victims of child maltreatment
- ch. 6. Consulting with teachers and parents regarding child maltreatment
- ch. 7. Prevention in the schools
- ch. 8. Self-care : identifying and preventing compassion fatigue / with Sarah E. Steinkamp.