A promise and a way of life : white antiracist activism / Becky Thompson.
"A Promise and a Way of Life weaves an account of the past half-century based on the life histories of thirty-nine people who have placed antiracist activism at the center of their lives. Through a rich and intriguing narrative that links individual experiences with social and political history...
University of Minnesota Press,
- Getting started : roots of radical traditions. Civil rights and the 1960s. Will the circle--be unbroken. Multiracial feminism and the 1970s. Black power and white accountability : women choosing sides
- Multiracial feminism
- Seeking a critical mass, ample work to be done
- Fight the power, hold on to community. Antiracist activism in the 1980s and 1990s. Central America peace movement
- Prison activism : the vastness of the sky
- Power, power, who's got the power?
- "In all its incarnations" : white antiracist culture
- Appendix : toward a comparative feminist movement (time line).