Gendered epidemic : representations of women in the age of AIDS / edited by Nancy L. Roth and Katie Hogan.
Weaving together theoretical, critical, and practical perspectives, Gendered Epidemic questions the "add women and stir" model that governs most HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment efforts. This collection describes conflicts and contradictions, and poses new theories and practices. Written...
New York :
- Women, Write, AIDS / Cindy Patton
- Gendered epidemic / Nancy L. Roth and Katie Hogan
- Ambiguous elements: rethinking the gender/sexuality matrix in an epidemic / John Nguyet Erni
- Constituting the "clean and proper" body: convergences between abjection and AIDS / Karen Zivi
- Transmission, transmission, where's the transmission? / Amber Hollibaugh
- The good and the bad / Carmen Vazquez
- Fierce fists / Cynthia Madansky
- A conversation about sex: developing a women-centered approach to HIV prevention / Marion Banzhaf and Chyrell Bellamy
- Maybe next year: feminist silence and the AIDS epidemic / Paula Treichler and Catherine Warren
- Scarlett begat Kim: a counter-biography / Carra Lea Hood
- Gendered visibilities in Black women's AIDS narratives / Katie Hogan
- The person with AIDS: the body, the feminine, and the NAMES Project Memorial Quilt / Flavia Rando
- Make a video for me: alternative AIDS video by women / Alexandra Jahasz.