Self-portraits by women painters / Liana De Girolami Cheney, Alicia Craig Faxon, Kathleen Lucey Russo.
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Aldershot, Hants, England ; Brookfield, Vt. :
Table of Contents:
- Self portraits in antiquity
- The medieval reflection: illumination and miniature self-portraits
- The Renaissance: interest in self-imaging
- Mannerism: the self-portrait of the nobil donna
- The Baroque: power, vision and the self
- The eighteenth century: transition, travel and international recognition
- The nineteenth century: education, exhibitions and new opportunities
- The symbolic self: women painters' quest for identity in the twentieth century
- Contemporary art: journey to the inner self.