Queer diasporas / edited by Cindy Patton and Benigno Sánchez-Eppler.
This book presents essays that explore how sexuality and sexual identity change when individuals, ideologies, and media move across literal and figurative boundaries. Speaking from a diverse range of ethnic, racial, and national sites, the contributors to this volume illustrate how queer identity in...
Durham [N.C.] :
Duke University Press,
- Introduction: with a passport out of Eden / Benigno Sánchez-Eppler, Cindy Patton
- Migratory vices / Cindy Patton
- Dying to tell: sexuality and suicide in Imperial Japan / Jennifer Robertson
- Outing Freud's Zionism, or, the bitextuality of the diaspora Jew / Daniel Boyarin
- Of queens and castanets: Hispanidad, orientalism, and sexual difference / Sylvia Molloy
- Jekyll and Claude: the erotics of patronage in Claude McKay's Banana bottom / Rhonda Cobham
- Reinaldo Arenas, re-writer revenant, and the re-patriation of Cuban homoerotic desire / Benigno Sánchez-Eppler
- Diasporic deviants/divas: how Filipino gay transmigrants "Play with the world" / Martin F. Manalansan IV
- Queer urbanites: a walk on the wild side / Michèle Aina Barale
- Sexing the kitchen: Okoge and other tales of contemporary Japan / Sandra Buckley
- "How did I get so anal?": queer self-authorization at the margins / Marcie Frank
- Queer in Israel: "Walid" / collected by Amir Sumaka'i Fink, Jacob Press.