Queer studies : a lesbian, gay, bisexual, & transgender anthology / edited by Brett Beemyn and Mickey Eliason.
This book is a wide-ranging anthology which discusses the nature and diversity of queer studies, its foundations, and some of the most pressing issues in the field.
New York :
New York University Press,
Table of Contents:
- G.I. Joes in Barbie land : recontextualizing butch in twentieth-century lesbian culture / Sherrie A. Inness, Michele E. Lloyd
- Trans (homo) sexuality? : double inversion, psychiatric confusion, and hetero-hegemony / Vernon A. Rosario II
- Identity/politics : historical sources of the bisexual movement / Amanda Udis-Kessler
- Sexual identity and bisexual identities : the struggle for self-description in a changing sexual landscape / Paula C. Rust
- Identity, power, and difference : negotiating conflict in an S/M dyke community / Patricia L. Duncan
- Why Suzie Wong is not a lesbian / JeeYeun Lee
- The politics of Black lesbian, gay, and bisexual identity / Gregory Conerly
- History/hysteria : parallel representations of Jews and gays, lesbians, and bisexuals / Warren J. Blumenfeld
- Who is that queer queer? : exploring norms around sexuality, race, and class in queer theory / Ruth Goldman
- "Tragic misreadings" : queer theory's erasure of transgender subjectivity / Ki Namaste
- Hegemonic discourse in an oppositional community : lesbian feminist stigmatization of bisexual women / Amber Ault
- Denying complexity : the dismissal and appropriation of bisexuality in queer, lesbian, and gay theory / Christopher James
- Scientific racism and the invention of the homosexual body / Siobhan Somerville
- Revamping MTV : passing for queer culture in the video closet / Lynda Goldstein
- Pages of whiteness : race, physique magazines, and the emergence of public gay culture / Tracy D. Morgan
- Choices and chances : is coming out at work a rational choice? / M.V. Lee Badgett.