U.S. Government on the Web : getting the information you need / Peter Hernon, John A. Shuler, and Robert E. Dugan.
Provides invaluable information resources for the American public and the international community. Covers options for conducting a search, using search engines, searching for a type of information resource (statistics or maps), or a selected subject (e.g. electronic commerce or genealogy).
Englewood, Colo. :
- Government information and its importance
- Government: structure and types of publications
- Search engines: negotiating the information maze
- Executive branch
- Independent establishments and quasi-government agencies
- Legislative branch
- Judiciary branch
- One-stop shopping
- Government Web-based services
- Maps and geographic information systems
- Selected subjects
- Web pages for kids
- Web browser hardware and software.