Neal-Schuman Internet policy handbook for libraries / Mark Smith.
Intended to guide library administrators through the many complex decisions inherent in managing public Internet access. Takes you through each possible element of an Internet policy. Explores the potential positive and negative impacts for each option.
New York :
|Series:||Neal-Schuman netguide series.
- The policy development process
- Linking the Internet to the library's mission
- Physical location and access considerations
- Defining acceptable use
- Prohibited uses and their consequences
- Filtering considerations
- Guided use and library policy
- Web publishing policies
- Next steps: after the policy is written
- Sample Internet policies
- National and State Library Association policies
- Internet policy checklist.