Trauma assessments : a clinician's guide / Eve B. Carlson.
A comprehensive guide to understanding and assessing psychological trauma and its effects, this practical book presents a step-by-step approach to conducting careful, appropriate, and accurate trauma assessments. Included are detailed profiles of 36 assessment measures recommended by the author - ma...
New York :
- 1. The Importance of Understanding Responses to Trauma
- 2. A Conceptual Framework for Understanding Responses to Trauma
- 3. Common Responses to Traumatic Experience
- 4. Factors That Influence Responses to Traumatic Experiences
- 5. Understanding Responses to Discrete and Chronic Traumatic Experiences
- 6. Challenges to Assessing Trauma and Trauma Responses
- 7. Developing an Assessment Strategy
- 8. Selecting and Administering Measures
- 9. Interpreting the Results and Making a Diagnosis
- 10. Where to Go from Here: Treatment Options
- 11. Future Directions
- Measure Profiles. Sect. A. Measures of Traumatic Experiences. Sect. B. Self-Report Measures of Responses to Trauma. Sect. C. Structured Interviews for Posttraumatic and Dissociative Disorders. Sect. D. Measures of Trauma and Trauma Responses for Children
- App. Resources on Trauma and Trauma-Related Disorders.