Community health nursing : promoting the health of aggregates / [edited by] Janice M. Swanson, Mary A. Nies.
Table of Contents:
- Unit 1. Introduction to Community Health Nursing. Ch. 1. Health: A Community View. Ch. 2. Historical Factors: Community Health Nursing in Context. Ch. 3. The Health Care System
- Unit 2. The Art and Science of Community Health Nursing. Ch. 4. Thinking Upstream: Conceptualizing Health from a Population Perspective. Ch. 5. Community Assessment and Epidemiology. Ch. 6. Community Health Planning and Evaluation. Ch. 7. Community Organization: Building Partnerships for Health. Ch. 8. Community Health Education. Ch. 9. Policy, Politics, Legislation, and Public Health Nursing
- Unit 3. Aggregates in the Community. Ch. 10. Child and Adolescent Health. Ch. 11. Women's Health. Ch. 12. Men's Health. Ch. 13. Addressing the Needs of Families. Ch. 14. Senior Health. Ch. 15. The Homeless. Ch. 16. Rural Health
- Unit 4. Special Needs of Aggregates. Ch. 17. Cultural Diversity and Community Health Nursing. Ch. 18. The African-American Community. Ch. 19. The Mexican-American Community. Ch. 20. Cultural Influences in the Community: Other Populations
- Unit 5. Special Needs in Community Mental Health. Ch. 21. Violence in the Community. Ch. 22. Mental Health. Ch. 23. Substance Abuse
- Unit 6. Special Service Needs. Ch. 24. Communicable Disease. Ch. 25. School Health. Ch. 26. Environmental Health. Ch. 27. Occupational Health Nurse: Roles and Responsibilities, Current and Future Trends. Ch. 28. The Home Visit and Home Health Care
- Unit 7. The Future of Community Health Nursing. Ch. 29. World Health. Ch. 30. Community Health Nursing: Making a Difference
- App. I. Standards of Community Health Nursing Practice
- App. II. Standards of Home Health Nursing Practice
- App. III. Declaration of Alma-Ata
- App. IV. Models of Nursing Care Delivery and Case Management: Clarification of Terms
- App. V. Population Management in an HMO: New Roles for Nursing
- App. VI. Recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
- App. VII. Healthy People 2000, Midcourse Review and 1995 Revisions.