Lesbian studies : setting an agenda / Tamsin Wilton.
Neither women's studies nor lesbian and gay studies have yet been able to offer an adequate theoretical or political framework for lesbians and lesbianism. Yet such a matrix is urgently needed, because the political and social position of lesbians is increasingly complex, especially in the ligh...
London ; New York :
- Introduction: lesbian what?
- 1. Deviant pedagogies: the nature of lesbian studies
- 2. The nature of the beast: what is a lesbian?
- 3. Invisible and erased: uses and abuses of history
- 4. What is this thing called? Models of sexual identity
- 5. Orthodoxy within disobedience: lesbians and feminists
- 6. Stories and storytellers: lesbian literary studies
- 7. Lesbians studying culture: studying lesbian culture
- 8. The social lesbian
- 9. Subject to control: lesbians and the state.