Family therapy : an overview / Irene Goldenberg, Herbert Goldenberg.
In this revision of their best-selling book, Irene and Herbert Goldenberg chronicle the history, development, training, research, and interventions of the field of family therapy, including a basic introduction to family systems theory and the family life cycle framework. Case studies (with transcri...
Pacific Grove :
- Ch. 1. Adopting a Family Relationship Framework
- Ch. 2. Family Development: Continuity and Change
- Ch. 3. The Family as a Psychosocial System
- Ch. 4. Origins of Family Therapy: A Historical Perspective
- Ch. 5. The Growth of Family Therapy: 1950-Present
- Ch. 6. Psychodynamic Approaches to Theory and Practice
- Ch. 7. Experiential/Humanistic Approaches to Theory and Practice
- Ch. 8. Bowen's Approach to Theory and Practice
- Ch. 9. The Structural Approach to Theory and Practice
- Ch. 10. The Communication/Strategic Approaches to Theory and Practice
- Ch. 11. The Milan Systemic Approaches to Theory and Practice
- Ch. 12. Behavioral/Cognitive Approaches to Theory and Practice
- Ch. 13. Early Models and Techniques of Family Therapy
- Ch. 14. New Directions in Family Therapy
- Ch. 15. Research on Family Functioning and Therapeutic Interventions
- Ch. 16. Becoming a Family Therapist: Training and Supervision
- Ch. 17. Professional Issues and Ethical Practices.