Why women? : gender issues and eating disorders / Bridget Dolan & Inez Gitzinger ; with a foreword by Susie Orbach.
Bulimia and anorexia nervosa are now so prevalent that they affect more than 1 in 100 women in Western Europe. Yet only a handful of specialist treatment centres exists and little funding is available for research to combat these problems. Is this because the majority of those people affected are wo...
London ; Atlantic Highlands, N.J. :
|Edition:||New updated ed.|
- Why women? Gender issues and eating disorders: introduction / Bridget Dolan
- Female sex-role conflicts and eating disorders / Winny Weeda-Mannak
- On the relationship between daughters and mothers with regard to bulimia nervosa / Karin Bell
- How important is body image for normal weight bulimics? Implications for research and treatment / Judith Bullerwell-Ravar
- The media influence on eating problems / Glen Waller & Julie Shaw
- Women therapists for women patients? / Rose Stockwell, Bridget Dolan
- Can women with eating disorders benefit from a male therapist? / Werner Kopp
- Self-help groups for women with bulimia nervosa / Jennifer Munro & Malcolm Laing
- Psycho-social factors in eating disorders explored through psychodrama and art therapy / Mary Levens
- Using the metaphors of compulsive eating in groups / Sheila Ritchie
- Eating patterns and unwanted sexual experiences / Rachel Calam & Peter Slade
- A sexual education programme for women with eating disorders / Ellie van Vrecken & Walter Vandereycken
- Self-help groups for people with eating disorders: Is there a place for men? / Pat Hartley
- Anorexia nervosa in boys / Rachel Bryant-Waugh.