The private self / Arnold H. Modell.
The concept of the self is the subject of intense debate in psychoanalysis - as it is in neuro-science, cognitive science, and philosophy. In The Private Self Arnold Modell, a leading thinker in American psychoanalysis, studies selfhood from the inside by examining variations on the theme of the sel...
Cambridge, Mass. :
Harvard University Press,
- Thinking about the self: structure and consiousness
- Private and public selves
- The private self in public space
- The dialectic of self and other
- Solitude, passionate interests, and the generative aspects of the self
- Process and experience: the unconscious structure of the self
- Private meaning and the agency of the self
- Value, "instinct", and the emergent motives of the self.