Without consent : the ethics of disclosing personal information in public archives / Heather MacNeil.
[Chicago, Ill.] : Metuchen, N.J. :
Society of American Archivists ; Scarecrow Press,
Table of Contents:
- Defining Moral and Legal Zones of Privacy
- Living for the Record: The Individual, the State, and the Emergence of a Right to Information Privacy
- In Search of the Public Good: Balancing the Right to Privacy and the Right to Know
- Documenting the Lives of the Laboring and Unlettered: The Use of Archival Sources for Socio-Historical Research
- The Administration of Access to Personal Information Held in Public Archives: Common Problems and Practices
- Research Uses of Personal Information: Some Ethical Considerations
- Administering Access to Personal Information in Government Archives: Some Modest Proposals.