Minority status and schooling : a comparative study of immigrant and involuntary minorities / [edited by] Margaret Gibson, John Ogbu.
New York :
|Series:||Garland reference library of social science ;
v. 618. |
Garland reference library of social science. Reference books in international education ; vol. 7.
Table of Contents:
- Immigrant and involuntary minorities in comparative perspective
- Immigrant adaptation to schooling : a hispanic case
- Dynamics of educational decision making : a comparative study of Sikhs in Britain and the United States
- Turkish immigrants in Australia
- Koreans in Japan and the United States
- Ethnicity, gender and social class : the school adaptation patterns of West Indian youths
- Situational ethnicity and patterns of school performance among immigrant and nonimmigrant Mexican-descent students
- Low school performance as an adaptation : the case of Blacks in Stockton, California
- Education and American Indians : the experience of the Ute Indian Tribe
- New Zealand experience : Maoris
- Social mobility and education : Burakumin in Japan
- Minorities and schooling : some implications.