Improving college teaching : strategies for developing instructional effectiveness / Maryellen Weimer.
San Francisco :
|Series:||Jossey-Bass higher education series.
Table of Contents:
- Removing barriers to teaching improvement. What makes the improvement of college teaching difficult? ; Overcoming faculty resistance and encouraging participation ; Improving teaching : a five-step process
- Key elements of successful instructional development. Ongoing assessment and feedback ; A flexible mix of improvement activities ; Colleagues assisting colleagues ; Supportive academic leaders
- Institutional options for improving college teaching. Organizational and administrative approaches ; Profiles of teaching improvement programs ; Closing advice on improving college teaching
- Resource A : how do you teach? : a checklist for developing instructional awareness
- Resource B : guidelines for classroom observation.