The magician's nephew / by C.S. Lewis ; illustrated by Pauline Baynes.
When Diggory and Polly try to return the wicked witch Jadis to her own world, the magic gets mixed up and they all land in Narnia where they witness Aslan blessing the animals with human speech.
New York :
Macmillan Publishing Co., Inc.,
|Series:||Lewis, C. S. (Clive Staples), 1898-1963. Chronicles of Narnia (Macmillan (Firm)) ;
Table of Contents:
- The wrong door
- Digory and his uncle
- The wood between the worlds
- The bell and the hammer
- The deplorable word
- The beginning of Uncle Andrew's trouble
- What happened at the front door
- The fight at the lamp-post
- The founding of Narnia
- The first joke and other matters
- Digory and his uncle are both in trouble
- Strawberry's adventure
- An unexpected meeting
- The planting of the tree
- The end of this story and the beginning of the all the others.