The Hewins lectures, 1947-1962 / introduction by Frederic G. Melcher.
|Series:||Caroline M. Hewins lectures.
Table of Contents:
- From Rollo to Tom Sawyer / Alice M. Jordan
- The travelogue storybook of the nineteenth century / Virginia Haviland
- Caroline M. Hewins and books for children / Jennie D. Lindquist
- The youth's companion as recalled by a staff member / L. Felix Ranlett
- The neighborhood stories of Mrs. A.D.T. Whitney / Elinor Whitney Field
- Jacob Abbott : a goodly heritage / Lysla I. Abbott
- Eliza Orne White and her books for children / Bertha Mahony Miller
- Laura E. Richards, joyous companion / Ruth Hill Viguers
- A nineteenth century plan for reading : the American Sunday School movement / Alice B. Cushman
- Lucretia P. Hale and The Peterkin papers / Madelyn Clish Wankmiller
- Susan Coolidge, 1835-1905 / Frances C. Darling
- Authors who began in "St. Nicholas" / Florence Stanley Sturges
- Kate Douglas Wiggin / Edna Boutwell
- The folklore of New England / Siri Andrews
- Rachel Field / Margaret Lane.