The lion, the witch and the wardrobe : a story for children / by C.S. Lewis ; illustrated by Pauline Baynes.
Four English school children find their way through the back of a wardrobe into the magic land of Narnia and assist Aslan, the golden lion, to triumph over the White Witch, who has cursed the land with eternal winter.
New York, N.Y. :
|Series:||Lewis, C. S. (Clive Staples), 1898-1963. Chronicles of Narnia (Macmillan (Firm)) ;
bk. 1. |
Table of Contents:
- Lucy looks into a wardrobe
- What Lucy found there
- Edmund and the wardrobe
- Turkish delight
- Back on this side of the door
- Into the forest
- A day with the Beavers
- What happened after dinner
- In the Witch's house
- The spell begins to break
- Aslan is nearer
- Peter's first battle
- Deep magic from the dawn of time
- The triumph of the Witch
- Deeper magic from before the dawn of time
- What happened about the statues
- The hunting of the White Stag.