Pets and the elderly : the therapeutic bond / Odean Cusack, Elaine Smith.
Here is an excellent "how-to" guide for initiating pet-facilitated therapy programs with the elderly. Pets and the Elderly is a practical book that explains how to implement carefully planned programs in residential and nursing homes and in geriatric and psychiatric hospitals, with pets in...
New York :
|Series:||Activities, adaptation & aging ;
v. 4, no. 2/3. |
- Brief introduction to animal-facilitated therapy
- Therapist's casebook
- Human/animal bond
- Training a therapy dog
- Implementing animal therapy in the institution
- Dog (or cat) in residence
- Program suggestions for animal-facilitated therapy
- Pet visitation programs
- Therapy dogs in action
- Animal-facilitated therapy in the community
- Non-canine therapists
- Evaluating the program.