Towards the elimination of racism / Phyllis A. Katz, editor.
New York :
|Series:||Pergamon general psychology series ;
Pergamon international library of science, technology, engineering, and social studies.
Table of Contents:
- Part I : Introduction
- Racism and social science : towards a new commitment / Phyllis A. Katz
- Part II : Theories of prejudice acquisition and reduction
- Contemporary sociological theories of racism / Mark A. Chesler
- Psychological approaches to understanding intergroup conflict / Richard D. Ashmore and Frances K. DelBoca
- The acquisition of racial attitudes in children / Phyllis A. Katz
- Part III : Review of research : attitude and behavior change
- Laboratory controlled studies of change of racial attitude / T.A. Weissbach
- Nonreactive measures in racial attitude research : a focus on "liberals" / Samuel L. Gaertner
- Attitude change in children : can the twig be straightened? / Phyllis A. Katz
- The role of intergroup contact in change of prejudice and ethnic relations / Yehuda Amir
- Part IV : Change in the real world
- Racial issues in mass media institutions / Bradley S. Greenberg and Sherrie L. Mazingo
- Achieving racial equality : an analysis of resistance to social reform / Myron Rothbart
- Federal legal remedies for racial discrimination / Eric Hirschhorn.