Intercultural communication a discourse approach / Ron Scollon, Suzanne Wong Scollon, and Rodney H. Jones.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Chichester, West Sussex, U.K. ; Malden, Mass. :
|Series:||Language in society (Oxford, England)
Table of Contents:
- What is a discourse approach?
- How when and where to do things with language
- Interpersonal politeness and power
- Conversational inference : interpretation in spoken discourse
- Topic and face : inductive and deductive patterns in discourse
- Ideologies in discourse
- Forms of discourse
- Corporate and professional discourse
- Generational discourse
- Gender and sexuality discourse
- Doing "intercultural communication".