Indian blood : HIV and colonial trauma in San Francisco's two-spirit community / Andrew J. Jolivette.
"The first book to examine the correlation between mixed-race identity and HIV/AIDS among Native American gay men and transgendered people, Indian Blood provides an analysis of the emerging and often contested LGBTQ 'two-spirit' identification as it relates to public health and mixed-...
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
University of Washington Press,
- Indian blood : two-spirit return in the face of colonial haunting
- Two-spirit cultural dissolution : HIV and healing among mixed-race American Indians
- Historical and intergenerational trauma and radical love
- Gender and racial discrimination against mixed-race American Indian two-spirits
- Mixed-race identity, cognitive dissonance, and public health
- Sexual violence and transformative ancestor spirits
- Stress coping in urban Indian kinship networks
- Two-spirit return : intergenerational healing and cultural leadership among mixed-race American Indians.