Capitol investments the marketability of political skills / Glenn R. Parker.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Ann Arbor :
University of Michigan Press,
|Series:||Economics, cognition, and society.
Table of Contents:
- Politicians, institutions, and human capital; or, Becker goes to Washington
- Methodology : data and variables
- Congress as workplace : the production of marketable human capital
- Returns to specialized training : career mobility and grooming lobbyists
- Returns to general training : competitive wages--but at a price
- Summary of findings and implications.