From Polders to postmodernism a concise history of archival theory / by John Ridener.
"A history of the conception and development of the theories that have guided archivists in their work from the late 19th through the early 21st centuries"--Provided by publisher.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Duluth, Minn. :
Table of Contents:
- Why study archival theory?
- Consolidation : the Dutch manual
- Confirmation and reinforcement : Sir Hilary Jenkinson's Manual of archive administration
- Modern records : T.R. Schellenberg and modern archives
- Questioning archives : contemporary records, contemporary discourses
- From Polders to postmodernism.