The baptism of early Virginia how Christianity created race / Rebecca Anne Goetz.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Johns Hopkins University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Christians and Heathens in Virginia
- English Christians among the Blackest Nations
- The Rise and the Fall of the Anglo-Indian Christian Commonwealth
- Faith in the Blood
- Baptism and the Birth of Race
- Becoming Christian, Becoming White
- The Children of Israel
- Epilogue: Christian Abolitionism and Proslavery Christianity.