UN voices the struggle for development and social justice / Thomas G. Weiss ... [et al.].
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Indiana University Press,
|Series:||United Nations intellectual history project (Series)
Table of Contents:
- Growing up
- Formal education
- Serendipity and international careers
- From 1945 through the 1950s : hope held high
- The 1960s : widening development avenues
- The 1970s : creativity confronts geopolitics
- The 1980s : development frustrated
- The 1990s and the dawn of the twenty-first century : renaissance and reform?
- A revolutionary idea : the international civil service
- The power of ideas and people inside the UN
- Blending outside intellectual energies
- The legacy and future intellectual challenges.