Coaching, counseling & mentoring how to choose & use the right technique to boost employee performance / Florence M. Stone.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
New York :
American Management Association,
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : three ways to develop high-performance employees
- Your role as a coach
- Coaching as an ongoing responsibility
- Let's talk : "should I say that?"
- Coaching traps and problems
- Why counsel troublesome people?
- How to turn around problem employees and employees with problems
- Let's talk : specific counseling sessions
- Counseling dilemmas : traps and pitfalls to avoid
- What mentoring can do to help high achievers- and you
- Mentor as a role model, broker, advocate, and career counselor
- Let's talk : face-to-face and e-conversations
- Mentoring traps to avoid
- Epilogue : your role as a leader.