Ordinary in Brighton? : LGBT, activisms and the city / Kath Browne, Leela Bakshi.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Farnham, Surrey :
Table of Contents:
- Equalities, cities and ordinariness : introduction
- Contextualising research and researching contexts : situating participatory projects
- The promise of ordinary lives in a city paved with "gay gold"
- The gay scene : having it all?
- Under our umbrella? : contesting and re-creating ordinariness
- Ordinary activisms : possibilities beyond the dichotomies of radicalism/assimilation
- Resistant ordinary activisms : safe in the "gay city"?
- Is pride political? : beyond (oppositional) politics in lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans festivals
- Ordinary in brighton? : conclusion.