Re-reading Richard Hoggart life, literature, language, education / edited by Sue Owen.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Newcastle, U.K. :
Table of Contents:
- Richard Hoggart : a personal appreciation / David Lodge
- Richard Hoggart : the intellectual as politician / Fred Inglis
- The legacy of Richard Hoggart : education as democratic practice / Jon Nixon
- To think fearlessly : Richard Hoggart and the politics of the English language / Ben Clarke
- Richard Hoggart and literature / Sue Owen
- The uses of D.H. Lawrence / Sean Matthews
- The anxiety of influence : Hoggart, liminality and Melvyn Bragg's Crossing the line / Katie Wales
- Stances and tones before life : Richard Hoggart and the question of voice / Simon Grimble
- Local habitations : working-class childhood and its uses in the memoirs of Richard Hoggart and others / Michael Rosenfeld
- Questions of taste and class : Richard Hoggart and Bonamy Dobrée / Tom Steele
- Promoting international understanding and cooperation : Richard Hoggart's UNESCO years (1970-1975) / Malcolm Hadley
- Letter from W.H. Auden to Richard Hoggart, 7 January 1958.